Twitter!

Check me out on Twitter and follow me to get tweets about new lists! http://twitter.com/#!/TopTenBlogger

Monday 12 December 2011

10 Best Oscar Wilde Quotes

Oscar Wilde was brilliant and I will be doing a follow up post on Dorian Gray very soon, in the meantime, enjoy his best quotes ever...

10. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint."


9. "A man can't be too careful in his choice of enemies."


8. "Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."


7. "Illusion is the first of all pleasures."


6. "Life is too important to be taken seriously."


5. "No man is rich enough to buy back his past."


4. "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."


3. "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it."


2. "Alas, I am dying beyond my means."


1. "I have nothing to declare except my genius"


The last quote is spot on of Oscar Wilde. He was a genius and his epigrams have always inspired the world and novelists. An incredible writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment