Twitter!

Check me out on Twitter and follow me to get tweets about new lists! http://twitter.com/#!/TopTenBlogger

Wednesday 7 December 2011

10 Best Football Teams in the World

One of the biggest debated questions ever in my opinion is who the best football team is in the world and further on from that, who the best footballer is EVER! I'll be doing a follow-up post on that very soon, so keep posted ;). But let's get back on track! As an avid footballer fan and player I feel compelled to share with you my opinion of the top 10 football teams in the world as of December 2011. I'll be leaving out international teams but you can be sure there will be a post soon on the best international teams. But anyway, This is my top ten. Don't agree? Leave a comment if you're brave enough :)

10. Tottenham Hotspurs.

Now this one might cause some debate. I decided to include Spurs because of how much they've improved and although they've been knocked out of the Europa Cup that does not set aside the fact that they're a brilliant team. Spurs are starting to break into the top 4 in England and any team that does that is surely one of the best. Players like Van Der Vaart and Modric make this club a very top club to be at.

9. Bayern Munich.

This is the team to beat in Germany and have dominated the league for years now. Their history is impeccable and have some of the best players in the world at their disposal. Ribery, Robben, and Lahm are world-class players who all would break into the top teams in the world. To not have them on this list would be a crime.

8. Juventus

Okay, why are Juve here? Let me tell you, they are top of the Serie A right now and deserve to be here. The way they've started to play is like the Juve of old and are a defensive dream to behold.

7. Arsenal

They're not the team they were last season and for me struggled to get 7th place in this list. It has to be said that they look like they're on the recovery but at the same time, they need to get some players if they want to stay on this list come next year. Van Persie is on fire and has almost single-handedly kept them on this list for me.

6. Borussia Dortmund

Recently, this team have been on fire. They have improved so much that they do nothing but show amazing team spirit. They have some good players and i've decided to put them above Bayern Munich because I just think they've surpassed expectations over the last three seasons. Definitely a force to be reckoned with from now on.

5. Chelsea

Chelsea are another team that have struggled for form this season, but with the players they have and the quick shifts in management, i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I think Chelsea are a team everyone fear because of their sheer strength, they will be fighting for the Champion's League and Premiership this season.

4. Manchester City

I had to find a place for them somewhere on this list. I hate them, but they're good. Silva has been iconic for this team so far this season and throw in Aguero and you have one destructive team. Not only have they spent vasts amount of money but they've gelled as a team and top the Premier League so far this season. I have to give it to them.

3. Real Madrid

Still an incredible team and any team with Ronaldo in has to be in the top 3. What can I say about Madrid?!? They're just so good to watch and pretty much the only team in Spain that can go toe to toe with Barca.

2. Manchester United

Just! I have to say 2nd, 3rd, and 4th have been extremely tight. i mean how do you pick between them? I have to say with United, although, they're in 2nd place in the league, it's just something they do every season. They always seem to be at drift from the league but always come back like a train thundering through the UK. My favourite team and a team that always grind out results and play a bit of football when they need to ;).

1.  Porto...No wait, Barcelona

Barca are by far the team to beat in the world. Messi and Xavi have been recently nominated in the Balon d'or and there are so many more in that team who are world class. Due to their incredible youth system they've churned out some incredible players and an incredible team. I didn't think this team could get better after winning the Champion's League...again! But with the addition of Fabregas, they look incredible.

So, that's my top 10, i'm sure there's a lot of debate about my selection...5 English teams? ;) Yes i'm English but tell me 9 teams that are better than Arsenal. Hope you agreed with the majority. Same time next year? Maybe? How about half a year, i'll review the list ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment